One Family Review
One Family Equity Release
One Family has been in operation for over 45 years and prides itself on offering its members award-winning financial products.
They specialise in various financial products that cater to everyone, including children’s and adults’ investments and financial needs.
One Family offers you a fixed fee advisory service and whole of market advice. They want to ensure that they only give you recommendations on the best products for you.
Before You Start Reading….
Let’s See How Much You Can Release 👇
Equity Release Explained
Equity release is a term used to refer to a set of later-life mortgage products.
How these products work is that you’ll receive a lump-sum value for your property based on a valuation.
The lump-sum may be once-off or followed by smaller installments, depending on your choice.
You can retain your homeownership until you pass on or go into permanent care.
you’re only liable for the interest portion of a later-life mortgage; payments on this are voluntary as the interest will be paid from your home’s sale when you pass on.
More About One Family
One Family1 is a financial services provider and is known as a mutual society.
A mutual society comprises a board of members who own the provider and provide products to the members.
One Family’s advantage is that they don’t have to pay a dividend to shareholders, so any profits they make will benefit their members.
One Family has over 2 million members who’re customers.
One Family Equity Release Calculator
Before you consider using the One Family equity release calculator, we want you to know that we’ll probably be able to find you a better rate, which means a significant saving!
Before You Start Reading….
Let’s See How Much You Can Release 👇
Reasons to Consider One Family Equity Release
- One Family offers advice at a fixed fee, so you know what you’ll pay upfront.
- Their products have won many financial awards over the years.
- They have over 45 years of industry experience.
- Your initial consult with their financial advisors is free to assist you in understanding if equity release is for you.
- One Family’s adviser will source products for you from the whole market; this way, you’ll get a product suited to your needs.
One Family Equity Release’s Reviews & Ratings
One Family Equity Release’s Online Reviews
One Family has a vast amount of online reviews, and on average, their reviews are positive.
Their customers who used their equity release offers are impressed by their service levels and professionalism, and most would recommend them to family and friends.
One Family Equity Release’s Online Ratings
They generally score well with a 4.3 out of 5 on several review platforms and do well in service given to clients and their ease of use.
One Family Equity Release Complaints
If you’re dissatisfied with your experience and want to file a complaint, the easiest way to do so is to contact them directly through their website.
They are concerned about their clients’ needs and will refer you to the appropriate department.
Alternatively, you can submit a review on a review site like Trustpilot or Feefo, and they will swiftly contact you to assist.
One Family Equity Release’s Pros & Cons
One Family Equity Release’s Pros
- One family is a member of the Equity Release Council2.
- As a mutual society, profits realised are there to benefit members and not to pay shareholders.
- You’ll receive a free initial consultation with no pressure to commit.
- The whole of market product sourcing is used to find you the best solution for your needs.
One Family Equity Release’s Cons
- Advisers work for One Family, so they are not independent.
- Advice attracts a fixed fee and isn’t included free of charge.
- A lifetime mortgage will devalue the inheritance you leave to your loved ones.
- Equity release should be considered carefully, as it can affect your eligibility for benefits.
What’s the Qualification Criteria?
One Family have the following qualification criteria for their equity release products:
- You must be over the age of 55
- You need to own the home that you wish to release equity from.
One Family Equity Release Lifetime Mortgage Offer
As One Family is a mutual society, they scour the whole equity release market for products for their members.
If you’re over 55 and own your home, you can apply for a lifetime mortgage through One Family.
You’ll meet with one of their advisers, and they will do a needs analysis to see if an equity release product is right for you and what sort of product you’ll require.
This process ensures that your exact circumstances are considered before a product is chosen and recommended for you.
Other Services Offered by One Family Equity
One Family offer various financial services and products; here are a few1:
- Savings Options
- Children’s trust funds
- Life cover for over 50’s
- Equity Release
One Family’s FCA Details
OneFamily, Family Investments, and Engage Mutual Assurance are all trading names of Family Assurance Friendly Society Limited3.
Other Trading Names
- Family Assurance Friendly Society Limited (FAFSL)
- Family Equity Plan Limited (FEPL)
- Family Investment Management Limited (FIML)
- Engage Mutual Funds Limited (EMFL)
- Lifetime Mortgages are provided by One Family Lifetime Mortgages Limited (OFLM)
- OneFamily Advice Limited (OFA)
One Family Lifetime Mortgages Limited is permitted to carry out the following activities1
- Administering a regulated mortgage contract
- Arranging regulated mortgage contracts
- Entering into a regulated mortgage contract as a lender
- Making arrangements with a view to regulated mortgage contracts
One Family Advice Limited is permitted to carry out the following activities
- Insurance-related activities
- Mortgage and home finance activities
- Consumer credit activities
Family Assurance Friendly Society Limited (FAFSL). FAFSL is registered and incorporated under the Friendly Societies Act 1992, registered number 939F.
FAFSL is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
FEPL, FIML, EMFL, FPML, OFLM, and OFA are wholly owned subsidiaries of FAFSL.
- Family Assurance Friendly Society Limited (FAFSL) – registered number 939F
- Family Equity Plan Limited (FEPL) – registered number 2208249
- Family Investment Management Limited (FIML) – registered number 1915516
- Engage Mutual Funds Limited (EMFL) – registered number 3224780
- Lifetime Mortgages are provided by OneFamily Lifetime Mortgages Limited (OFLM) – registered number 09239554
- OneFamily Advice Limited (OFA) – registered number 09188369
FCA & Company House Links
You can find FCA related information for One Family here
One Family’s website is available here
One Family Contact Number
- OneFamily, 16-17 West Street, Brighton, East Sussex BN1 2RL
Any Questions About One Family Equity Release & Lifetime Mortgages?
Is One Family A Member of the Equity Release Council?
Yes, One Family is a member of the Equity Release Council.
Who Owns One Family?
One Family is a subsidiary of Aegon and therefore, they are owned by the Dutch Government.
Does One Family Do Equity Release?
Yes, One Family does equity release.
Is One Family Equity Release Safe?
Yes, they are a member of the Equity Release Council and follow their guidelines as well as being FCA regulated.
If you’re looking for One Family equity release and want the best rate use the form below.
Before You Go…
Use the FREE Calculator Below 👇
Editorial Note: This content has been independently collected by the EveryInvestor advisor team and is offered on a non-advised basis. EveryInvestor may earn a commission on sales made from partner links on this page, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions or evaluations. Learn more about our editorial guidelines.