Age Partnership Equity Release Review
WAIT! Before You Go...
Let's See How Much You Can Release? 👇
See How Much You Can Release in 3 Quick Steps
- It's Fast & Easy to Use
- Rated 'Excellent'
- Instant, online results
- No obligations
- Just fill in a few details and we'll do the sums for you
- See the maximum amount you could borrow
⏳ See How Much You Can Release in 3 Quick Steps
At Every Investor, our aim is to assist you in making informed financial choices. We are committed to maintaining rigorous editorial standards, yet it’s important to note that our content may include references to our partner’s products. For full transparency, here is an overview of how we earn money.
Equity release advice from Age Partnership is a viable place to start when you want to get your hands on tax-free money in your retirement.
Over £6.2bn in property wealth was released from homes by equity release in the UK in 2022.1
Could you be next?
Equity release can be a daunting concept with so many leading options to choose from.
Luckily, we’re here to help you navigate your way around the available options.
In This Article, You Will Discover:
Our research team at Every Investor is continuously reviewing the industry and consulting with experts to provide the latest updates.
Could Age Partnership be the right advisory service for you?
Let’s find out…
TAKE NOTE: Every Investor is an independent and unrelated third-party information provider via this website, and the details reproduced in this article represent the opinions of Every Investor only, and may not reflect the views or opinions of Age Partnership. This article is not to be construed by the reader as advice, nor is it a solicitation to enter any transaction in any financial product of Age Partnership. Our preferred equity release partner is Age Partnership.
Who’s Age Partnership?
Age Partnership is one of the UK’s best equity release advisors.
*Based on the volume of plans from a panel of lenders Q2 2022 – Q3 2022
Operating since 2004, it offers tailored financial services to individuals over 50, including advice on mortgages, pensions, wills, lasting power of attorney, and equity release. 2
It provides clients with access to a wide range of plans from leading lenders.
Based in Leeds, West Yorkshire, it has over 400 employees and offers leading advice.3
What Does Age Partnership Do?
Age Partnership Group offers advice relating to equity release, mortgages, pension income, and insurance.
The service provides clients with guidance and non-advised assistance from specialists in various financial domains.
This encompasses areas such as pension income, insurance, and a “plan ahead” service.
The latter includes a non-advised lasting power of attorney service, as well as a referral service for creating a Will.
Its aim is to deliver the best value and service to its customers by working with the UK’s leading lenders.
The dedicated team of advisors and specialists will consider your personal and financial circumstances before exploring a range of options tailored to your needs.
Does Age Partnership Have an Equity Release Calculator?
Yes, Age Partnership does have an equity release calculator.4
If you’re looking to release funds, use this fast calculator below to see how much you could release.
Why You Can Consider Age Partnership’s Advice
You can consider Age Partnership’s advice on equity release because it has access to a wide range of plans from leading lenders.
Its reputation and relationships with the various UK providers could mean that you qualify for:
- Low lifetime mortgage rates
- Cash bonuses
- Free valuations
In addition to the above, working with Age Partnership affords you these additional benefits:
- Initial advice is provided for free and without obligation. Only if you choose to proceed and your case is completed would a fee be payable.
- Over‑the‑phone or video appointments
- Award-winning service5
- Access to a range of exclusive plans
- Comparisons across leading providers
Age Partnership’s Advice on Equity Release Plans
Age Partnership can advise you on any of the following equity release plans:
- Lifetime mortgage
- Drawdown lifetime mortgage
- Interest-only lifetime mortgage
- Home reversion plan
Its expertise and knowledge enable its team to handpick the best-suited plans for you while considering your circumstances and your goals.
Age Partnership’s Qualification Criteria
Qualifying criteria depend on the plan you choose and the lender’s requirements.
The broad qualifying criteria for equity release are:
- You’re 55 or over
- You own property in the UK
- Your home is worth a minimum of £70,000
- You have little or no existing mortgage on your property
- There are no more than 2 people on your property title deed.
What’s Age Partnership’s Advice on Interest Rates?
Advice on interest rates is dependent on the plan and provider you ultimately choose.
Based on the Equity Release Council’s6 spring report, the average equity release interest rates were around 5.68% to 7%
*While we regularly review our rates, these may have shifted since our last update.
What Are Age Partnership’s Fees?
Age Partnership’s typical fee is £1,895, which is only payable once you choose to proceed and finalise a plan with its team. 7
Its initial no-obligation consultation is free.
Other fees that are typically associated with equity release but will be charged by the provider include:
- Valuation fees
- Arrangement fees
- Solicitor’s fees
- Consultation fees
What Are the Advantages & Disadvantages of Using Age Partnership?
The advantages of utilising advice from Age include gaining access to leading equity release plans, but a disadvantage is that you’ll have to pay a fee if you complete your application through them.
Let’s have a look at more advantages and disadvantages of taking advice from Age.
Age Partnership Equity Release Pros
Here are some pros of making use of Age Partnership’s services:
- You will have access to award-winning equity release advisors.
- Your advisor will review a wide range of plans from leading lenders.
- You will get free initial advice to help you determine if equity release is right for you.
- The company is a member of the Equity Release Council.
- It’s regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).8
- Get a free no-obligation quote from an advisor.
Age Partnership Equity Release Cons
Here’s the main con of making use of Age Partnership’s services:
- There’s a £1,895 fee upon acceptance and finalisation of your lifetime mortgage plan.
- Equity Release will impact the amount of inheritance you can leave to your loved ones when you pass away or move to long-term care.
- Equity Release may not be suitable for everyone, which is why your advisor will ask you to consider other options before proceeding.
- Once you’ve taken out an equity release plan, no other borrowing can be taken out using your home as security.
- Advice is required before proceeding with equity release.
How Did We Review the Info on Age Partnership & Equity Release?
We compiled this article by considering all of its data on the products Age offers so we could give you the most credible information.
Age Partnership Customer Reviews
Reviews are, for the most part, glowing, with the majority of people praising their response time, knowledge, and personal service.
Find out what else their customers have to say here:
- Age Partnership reviewed on UK.TrustPilot.com – 4.6 out of 5 based on close to 8,000 reviews
- Reviews found on Google.com for Age Partnership – 4.2 out of 5 based on +-300 reviews
- Customer reviews for Age Partnership on ReviewCentre.com – 4.3 out of 5 based on 70+ reviews
Age Partnership Complaints
Complaints can be directed to its compliance officer by letter, email, or phone.
- Email them: email@example.com
- Call them: 0113 8199 659
- Write to them: The Compliance Officer, 2200 Century Way, Thorpe Park, Leeds, LS15 8ZB.
Age Partnership Jobs
Jobs are regularly advertised on its careers page.
Some of the roles that could be available include:
- Customer service
- Technical assistants
- Compliance Officers
Age Partnership FCA Details
Details as registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) are as follows:
- Age Partnership Limited
- Age Partnership
- Age Partnership Plus
- Age Partnership Wealth Management Limited
Previous Trading Names
- Age Partnership Retirement Limited
FCA Permitted Services
- Mortgages and Home Finance
- Consumer Credit
- Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- Equity Release Council
- Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA)9
Age Partnership Limited:
- FCA Ref Number: 425432
- Registered Company Number: 05265969
Age Partnership Wealth Management Limited:
- FCA Ref Number: 670493
- Registered Company Number: 09073664
FCA & Companies House Links
Age Partnership Contact Number & Address
- +44 8000 810 077
- 2200 Century Way, Leeds LS15 8ZB, United Kingdom.
Is Age Partnership a Member of the Equity Release Council?
Yes, Age Partnership is a member of the Equity Release Council.10
Where's Age Partnership Located?
The head office is located at Thorpe Park in Leeds.
Who Owns Age Partnership?
Age Partnership is owned and founded by Andrew Thirkill in 2004. He is also the chairman and founder of Pure Retirement.
Does Age Partnership Offer Equity Release?
No, Age doesn’t offer equity release directly.
Is Age Partnership Safe?
Yes, Age Partnership is safe, as it’s a member of the Equity Release Council and follows its guidelines.
Age Partnership is also FCA regulated.
Age Partnership has earned the trust of many.
Its award-winning advice and service have earned it a seat at the top of the equity release market.
With access to top plans, Age Partnership equity release advice is in the best position to find you the most suitable plan and negotiate the best deals on your behalf.
The features mentioned and the amounts raised, are subject to the lender’s criteria, terms and conditions. These may take into account the age, health and lifestyle factors in order to provide an enhanced amount. To understand the features and risks, ask for a personalised illustration.
Editorial Note: This content has been independently collected by the Every Investor team and is offered on a non-advised basis. While we try & keep the information up to date & correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services mentioned in the website. Learn more about our editorial guidelines.
Found an Error? Please report it here.