Just Equity Release & Lifetime Mortgage Review in 2024
At Every Investor, our aim is to assist you in making informed financial choices. We are committed to maintaining rigorous editorial standards, yet it is important to note that our content may include references to our partner's products. For full transparency, here is an overview of how we earn money.
- Just equity release is a financial product that allows homeowners aged 55 and over to unlock the value of their property without having to sell or move out.
- It works by providing you a lump sum or regular payments drawn from the value of your home, which is then repaid when you pass away or move into long-term care.
- The benefits include access to tax-free capital, financial flexibility in retirement, and the ability to remain living in your home.
- The primary risks are erosion of inheritance, changes in house prices, and potential impacts on means-tested benefits.
- To apply, you must consult with a qualified adviser who can guide you through the process and ensure you understand all the implications.
With so many providers and products out there, how do you know if equity release from Just is the right choice for you?
Equity release is a complicated process, and you must be sure that you choose a provider who can partner with you to make your life better.
We have researched Just so that we can bring you the facts and help you decide if they are the best fit for you.
In This Article, You Will Discover:
Our team at Every Investor reviewed many regulated plans and consulted with leading industry experts to truly understand the core of Just’s products and services.
NOTE: Every Investor is an impartial and unconnected third-party information provider via this website, and the details replicated in this commentary represent the opinions of Every Investor only and may not reflect the views or opinions of Just. This article must not be interpreted as advice, nor is it a solicitation to conduct transactions in any financial product provided by Just.
Who Is Just?
Just is one of the top equity release companies in the UK, catering to retirees.
The Just Group plc was formed in 2016 when Just Retirement Limited and Partnership Life Assurance Company Limited merged. 1
Furthermore, Just offers equity release and other retirement speciality products, such as pension drawdown options and investment planning.
What Is Home Equity Release?
Equity release, including the option of a home equity release loan, presents a solution for over 55s to harness their home's value for liquidity purposes, without selling.
It offers a practical financial alternative by unlocking property equity.
Its distinguishing feature is the delayed repayment process.
The borrowed sum, along with interest, is recovered from the property's eventual sale, often after the homeowner's major life changes.
Why You Should Consider Just
You should consider Just if your are over 55 and are looking for a specialist retirement financial provider.
The lifetime mortgages that Just offers are flexible and feature a drawdown facility.
You can also safely consider Just because it is a registered financial services provider that is authorised and regulated in the UK by both the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and Prudential Regulatory Authority (PRA).
It is also a member of the Equity Release Council. 2
What Services Does Just Offer?
Just offers various financial retirement services and products, such as equity release and estate planning options.
Just offers the following services:
- Equity release
- Retirement planning
- Estate planning
- Care funding plans
- Income drawdown
Does Just Offer Equity Release or Lifetime Mortgages?
Yes, Just does offer equity release in the form of lifetime mortgages.
However, Just does not offer it's plans directly; it's schemes are only offered through equity release partnerships with accredited advisers.
If your financial adviser does not offer Just’s products, you can contact its subsidiary, Hub Financial Services, which provides advisory services for Just.
Just’s Equity Release Schemes
The Just For You Lifetime Mortgage is Just's equity release scheme. 3
It is a flexible lifetime mortgage that is essentially a drawdown plan.
This means you will be paid an initial tax-free lump sum and have funds available in a drawdown facility to withdraw as and when needed.
Just can also underwrite it's lifetime mortgage if you suffer from ill-health to change the product to an enhanced lifetime mortgage.
Just’s Equity Release Scheme Features
Just’s equity release scheme features are flexible and designed specifically for retirees.
The features and criteria:
The features of Just equity release include that you can repay the monthly interest in full. 4
- The plan offered is a drawdown plan with an initial tax-free lump sum paid out and the remainder reserved in a facility to withdraw from, as and when you need it.
- The plan has an option to make monthly repayments on the interest portion of the loan up to 100% of the monthly interest value.
- You can take a payment holiday of up to three months on the interest payments.
- If you stop paying interest for more than six months, the plan will automatically convert to a roll-up plan, and you cannot go back to making payments once this has happened.
- Just offer a cashback option that costs the client more in repayments but allows them to increase the LTV they qualify for.
Criteria To Qualify
To qualify for equity release from Just, you need to meet the following criteria:
- The youngest homeowner must be 55 and over.
- You must not be older than 85.
- You need to own your home, and it must be UK based.
- Your home must be valued at over £70,000.
- There are no more than two people on your property title deed.
What Are Just’s Equity Release Interest Rates?
Just’s equity release interest rates are dependent on the LTV you qualify for. 5
This LTV is based on your property, age, and the state of your health; each deal is based on an individual set of criteria.
Currently, equity release interest rates are between 5.20% to 6.30%* AER.
*While we regularly review our rates, these may have changed since our last update.
What Are Just’s Fees?
The fees that Just charges vary depending on whether you are a new equity release client or are moving home or switching plans.
If your are a new client, then valuation and application fees are not charged.
However, you will pay your financial adviser and your solicitor's fees.
The solicitor's fees average at more or less £650.
If your are moving house or switching plans, you need to pay a revaluation fee of up to £210, depending on your home’s value.
In addition, when you move, you will need to cover a field agent visit fee of £60, legal fees, and a possible specialist report fee. You will also need to cover your financial adviser's cost.
Normally, this totals between £1,500 and £3,000. *For indicative purposes only.
Does Just Have An Equity Release Calculator?
Yes, Just does have an equity release calculator.
If you are looking for advice from a leading provider, you could also try our simple-to-use calculator for free below for an approximation.
What Are The Advantages and Disadvantages of Just?
The advantages and disadvantages of Just include that it is a member of the Equity Release Council; however, it charges early repayment fees should you decide to settle your mortgage.
The pros of Just are:
- Just’s plans offer you a no-negative equity guarantee.
- With Just, your are protected as it is a member of the Equity Release Council.
- The Just For You Lifetime Mortgage is customisable to your needs and can either be a drawdown lifetime mortgage, an enhanced lifetime mortgage, or a roll-up lifetime mortgage.
- Plans can be enhanced with cashback options to maximise your equity release amount.
- You can also benefit from Just’s green feature for homes possessing an energy performance certificate.
The cons of Just are:
- Just charges early repayment fees should you decide to settle your mortgage.
- With any lifetime mortgage, you will decrease the inheritance value you leave to your loved ones.
- Lifetime mortgages are an expensive way of borrowing money.
- Equity Release will impact on your entitlement to means tested benefits now or in the future.
- You may want to discuss the option of equity release with your loved ones, to make them aware that it is something your are considering.
How Did We Review the Information on Just?
We have spent extensive time researching information available about Just's product offerings to bring you an all-inclusive guide based on all the latest and relevant data.
Note: We hereby confirm that this article is an unaffiliated, independent review of Just.
Just Customer Reviews
Just reviews from trusted customer review platforms:
Any complaint you want to make to Just can be made by email, in writing, or by telephone.
- In writing - Address your complaint to the Quality Assurance Team at:
Enterprise House, Bancroft Road, Reigate, Surrey, RH2 7RP.
- By email - email@example.com
- By Telephone - 01737 233297
Make sure that you include all relevant information that Just will need to locate your plan.
This includes your full name, account number, copies of any documents you have, your complaint in detail, and your contact information.
Just’s FCA Details
- Just Retirement Limited
- Just Retirement Money Limited
FCA Permitted Services
- Mortgages and Home Finance
- The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)6
- The Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA)
- The Equity Release Council (ERC)7
- FCA Firm reference number 232595
- Companies House number 05017193
Just Contact Number and Address
- +44 173 723 3288
- Just, Enterprise House, Bancroft Road, Reigate, RH2 7RP.
What Is Just Equity Release?
How Does Just Equity Release Work?
What Are the Benefits of Just Equity Release?
Are There Any Risks Involved with Just Equity Release?
How Can I Apply for Just Equity Release?
Is Just a Member of the Equity Release Council?
Who Owns Just Equity?
How Can I Apply for a Job at Just?
Does Just Offer Equity Release?
Is Just's Equity Release Safe?
If you are considering equity release from Just, it is best to speak to your financial adviser to find the best option for your circumstances.
Just is a reputable provider of equity release.
Along with your financial adviser, you will be able to find the right lifetime mortgage for you if your are considering Just equity release.
The features mentioned and the amounts raised, are subject to the lender’s criteria, terms, and conditions. These may take into account the age, health, and lifestyle factors in order to provide an enhanced amount. To understand the features and risks, ask for a personalised illustration.
WAIT! Before You Go...
Let's See How Much You Can Release? 👇
Found an Error? Please report it here.