Taihua PLC (TAIH)
Taihua PLC was incorporated and registered in England and Wales on 29 August 2006 under the Companies Act 1985 as a public company limited. On 8 September 2006, the Company changed its name to Taihua plc. The Company is engaged in the manufacturing & sales of pharmaceutical products. It develops, produces, distributes & sells Traditional Chinese Medicine products. The Company also develops, manufactures and distributes active pharmaceutical ingredients, namely paclitaxel and homoharringtonine, predominately for the use in the treatment of cancer. The Company's segments are Paclitaxel is extracted from the bark of the yew tree (Taxus). This drug is one of the main-stream treatments for cancer of the ovaries, breast, certain types of lung cancer, and a cancer of the skin and mucous membranes more commonly found in patients with Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome; Homoharringtonine is an alkaloid extracted from the branches and leaves of the Cephalotaxus tree. This drug has been prescribed for acute myeloid leukaemia and other cancers in China; Traditional Chinese Medicine has recognition as a viable alternative health treatment and has been recognised by the World Health Organisation for its effectiveness in the treatment of certain forms of illnesses and diseases. The Company currently manufactures eight TCM products including Gengnianan Tablet, Duzhong Pingya Tablet, Zaoren Anshen Keli, Bunao Anshen Tablet, Jiangzi Jianfei Tablet, Dabaidu Capsule, Runing Tablet and Bian Tong Pian and Forsythia known as lian qiao in PRC, is a flowering shrub. The seeds and seed cases of this are harvested and, when dried, form the basis of TCM preparations. Forsythia TCMs are primarily sold to alleviate flu and cold like symptoms...
About Company REFS
Company REFS (Really Essential Financial Statistics) is the UK's leading stock selection tool, with a wealth of investment facts and figures you won’t find together in any other single source. No other stock selection tool tells you so much about a UK quoted company’s prospects – on one, easy-to-read page.
Here’s what a Company REFS subscription brings you, all in one complete convenient source:
- The latest company information and fundamental data from the London Stock Exchange - updated daily
- Coverage of ALL 1700+ UK listed and domiciled stocks (excluding investment trusts) - including AIM
- Uniform presentation of data - for easy like-for-like comparison of companies
- Directors' share-dealing transactions over the last six months
- League tables that instantly compare a company’s performance within its index against the market overall
- Consensus broker forecasts and changes - based on data from over 300 contributing brokers
- Sector statistics comparing each company with all the others in its peer group
Only REFS market rankings and individual profiles give you the complete investment picture.
Company REFS is available in two formats:
- Online: With data and prices updated daily, you can easily sort and search for stocks that meet your investment criteria, as well as create personalised portfolios and watchlists.
- Hard copy: Available as a monthly or quarterly edition, the hard copy of Company REFS comes in a handy ring binder format, with one page of per company – so you can easily compare stocks side by side.