Smiths Group PLC (SMIN)
Smiths Group PLC a technology company was incorporated in England on July 15, 1914. The Company is engaged in development, manufacturing, sale and support of detection technologies, engineered products & services, medical devices, electronic components and engineered components. The Company operates in five segments including, John Crane, Smiths Medical, Smiths Detection, Smiths Interconnect and Flex-Tek. The John Crane segment is engaged in designing and manufacturing mechanical seals & seal support systems, engineered bearings, power transmission couplings and specialist filtration systems. The Smiths Medical segment is engaged in designing and manufacturing medication delivery systems, vital care products and safety devices that prevent needlestick injuries and reduce cross-infection. The Smiths Detection segment is engaged in designing and manufacturing sensors that detect and identify explosives, narcotics, weapons, chemical agents, biohazards and contraband. The Smiths Interconnect segment is engaged in designing and manufacturing specialised electronic and radio frequency components and sub-systems that connect, protect and control critical systems for wireless telecommunications, aerospace, defence, space, test, medical, rail, data centres and industrial markets. The Flex-Tek segment is engaged in designing and manufacturing engineered components that heat and move fluids and gases, flexible hosing and rigid tubing for the aerospace, medical, industrial, construction and domestic appliance markets. The Company has operations in approximately more than 50 countries, with a network of dealers and distributors. The Company's competitors include Covidien, Teleflex, B Braun, Becton Dickinson, C R Bard, 3M, Flowserve and Eagle Burgmann Industries, Kingsbury and Waukesha, Pall and Hydac, Rexnord and Emerson, and Honeywell and Teledyne...
About Company REFS
Company REFS (Really Essential Financial Statistics) is the UK's leading stock selection tool, with a wealth of investment facts and figures you won’t find together in any other single source. No other stock selection tool tells you so much about a UK quoted company’s prospects – on one, easy-to-read page.
Here’s what a Company REFS subscription brings you, all in one complete convenient source:
- The latest company information and fundamental data from the London Stock Exchange - updated daily
- Coverage of ALL 1700+ UK listed and domiciled stocks (excluding investment trusts) - including AIM
- Uniform presentation of data - for easy like-for-like comparison of companies
- Directors' share-dealing transactions over the last six months
- League tables that instantly compare a company’s performance within its index against the market overall
- Consensus broker forecasts and changes - based on data from over 300 contributing brokers
- Sector statistics comparing each company with all the others in its peer group
Only REFS market rankings and individual profiles give you the complete investment picture.
Company REFS is available in two formats:
- Online: With data and prices updated daily, you can easily sort and search for stocks that meet your investment criteria, as well as create personalised portfolios and watchlists.
- Hard copy: Available as a monthly or quarterly edition, the hard copy of Company REFS comes in a handy ring binder format, with one page of per company – so you can easily compare stocks side by side.