CrowdLords is a uniquely different crowdfunding investment platform as they directly connect people who wish to build and manage a property portfolio or develop property (landlords or developers); with investors looking for better returns than the banks.
For investors it enables active and hassle free investments secured against UK properties.
The returns vary per property but an investor can expect projected total annual returns between 6% and 15%.
The Investor receives equity in return for their investment, which is secured against the property, and they receive a share of the rental income, paid quarterly, as well as a share of the capital growth at the end of the term.
And on the other side, CrowdLords allows individuals who pass their due diligence process to become a LandLord or Developer and gain access to funds they currently can’t obtain and on better terms.
How to become a CrowdLords’ Investor?
An Investor would choose which properties on the CrowdLords platform to invest in. Investments start from as little as £1,000, and investors can choose from a range of properties from around the country to suit their preferences and cater to their financial objectives.
Some properties have proven to be great for income, delivering higher yields, whilst other properties are in locations expected to deliver significant capital growth.
The advantage of CrowdLords is that it enables investors to place their money directly in these properties on their own terms and they can spread their investment across multiple properties, providing much greater control over both the risk and the return.
- Projected total annual returns of between 6% and 15%.
- A range of terms from 12 months to 5 years
- Rental Income paid quarterly
- Capital growth paid at the end of the agreed fixed term
- Secured against UK property
- A range of property types and returns
- Diversified investments
How it Works?
The process for investing is simple and transparent.
- Register on the CrowdLords website and answer a few questions
- You’ll then be able to browse the investment opportunities on offer
- Before being able to invest you need to complete a standard investor assessment before being approved
- Once approved, you are able to invest in as many of the properties as you wish from as little as £1,000
- The investment is committed via GoCardless but the money is not taken from your bank account until the property is fully funded. If the property does not fully fund then the money is not taken.
- Once the property is funded the SPV (Special Purpose Vehicle), which you will have shares in, purchases the property.
- CrowdLords appoint an Independent Director to the SPV who will represent your interests on the board of the SPV
- The LandLord prepares and manages the property on behalf of the SPV
- You will receive alerts and updates on the investment through the platform and will receive any rental income on a quarterly basis and capital growth at the end of the term.
CrowdLords have 3 investment opportunities live on their platform, click here to view.